Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Haka

Haka
IALT:summarise the text I have read
There was  a chief called Te Rauparaha of the Ngati Toa. He had
many enemies. He left his tribe to find other fighters to help them.
He arrived at another chiefs village. They hid him from his enemies.
He hid in a potato pit. The enemies came but could not find him.
He had escaped! He went back to his people and told them of his
adventures. He told them about the footsteps coming,footsteps leaving,
coming out of the pit. They began to stomp their feet, opened their
eyes wide (pukana),Stuck out their tongues and began to Haka!
They taught the haka to many generations.
Haka:
Ka mate! ka mate!,Ka ora! ka ora,Ka mate! ka mate,Ka ora !
ka ora,Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru,Nana nei itiki mai,
Whakawhiti te ra,Upane, ka upane,Whiti te ra!


Image result for haka by patricia grace
Today our group and I read a book named Haka,It's about a chief named Te Rauparaha of Ngati Toa.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora. I am Melissa from Gisborne Intermediate School.
    I really liked the story that you talked about it was very interesting
    I learnt that they taught the haka to many generations ,is that how we know it today?
    Maybe you could spell check I might be wrong but I think you spelt WALT as IALT , thank you.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete